Search This Blog

Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm Like an Old Lady

So, I signed up to do a half marathon in July. I know. Crazy, since I'm not all that much of a runner. One of the reasons why swimming is my favorite is because the sweat just gets rinsed right off. I do think I'm built for distance, though. For the first 20 minutes of a workout I'm dragging, but after I've been at it for an hour, I don't want to stop. I'm all pumped and ready to go!

Last week, I started going to training sessions. Lots of weight lifting and squats and lunges. Soooo sore.

On Saturday, I picked up my Grandma in Dekalb on my way to Peoria for Easter. Never in my life have I been so thrilled to see a geriatric toilet. You know, the kind where the seat is raised up about 5 inches? They're glorious! My quads were very pleased.

The couch was much more difficult. I got about 3/4 of the way down and just had to plop. My Grandma was like, "Hey, now that's how I sit down!"

Something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment